Sport medicine physicians play a critical role in maximizing recovery. Dr. Alex Thomas (MD, CCFP) offers a comprehensive menu of medical services including:
- Assessment and management of musculoskeletal (muscle, bone, joint, tendon, and ligament) conditions including acute and overuse injuries, as well as chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis
- Sport concussion assessment and management
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal injections
- Corticosteroid (cortisone) injections
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) injections
- Ordering musculoskeletal imaging and prescribing medication when indicated
- Sports pre-participation physical examinations
- Return to play assessments
- Consideration of referrals to other medical specialists, physical therapists, and bracing specialists
- Game and event coverage
A referral from a physician or nurse practitioner is required to be seen by Dr. Thomas. Referral letters can be faxed to (902) 542-0271, and this referral form may be used.
Appointments are covered by MSI, but there may be fees for non-insured services not covered by MSI.